Friday, November 4, 2011

Progress & Poop

I don't know why I feel so compelled to title my posts with two unrelated words. I guess it's because so often the events of the day, or even the moment, are so unrelated. Life just happens all at once.

You never know what kind of drama will unfold when you sit down to write. Anyone else find that? Tonight it was dog poop. And we don't even have a dog. One of the kids unknowingly tracked in the neighbor's dog poop and left smudges on the living room and dining room carpet. Yuck. I have to laugh because I know people who'd scarcely react to that, if at all. Not a big deal...it's just poop.

Yep. But I have to work at maintaining that perspective. And honestly, there wasn't that much drama. We cleaned it up -- Paul and I each taking a few smudges. I was on my knees with my booted foot way up behind me. It's funny...you just figure out ways to do things. Tonight it was cleaning up poop.

OK, enough of that. I've said "poop" more times in a few paragraphs than I normally would in a week. Onto another topic.

I'm two weeks into recovery now and each day I can tell my foot is slowly healing. I've slept two whole nights in my own bed with no pain meds! Yay for progress. I'm still gimping around, greatly slowed by this huge boot, but I guess that's the point. Before I know it November will be over and hopefully my foot will be ready for shoes. No question as to what'll be on my Christmas list this year.

1 comment:

  1. And what shoes are you wishing for now that those options may open up?? :)

    ReplyDelete