Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Friends,
This is one of those times when it's clear to me that what was spoken so intimately into my soul is meant not only to feed and change me, but to do the same for others. I share this excerpt from my journal for the purpose of encouraging you and pointing you toward Love Himself.


Being Remade

"Your purpose will be realized in the light of who I am. Come toward me; let me remake you. You can only be transformed to the degree I have planned for you if you come close. I love you. You’re my girl. My plan is the now. Who you are and who you’re becoming now – today – is the point. Don’t live for tomorrow. Press in close to me and let me fill you with the joy of who I am. That is your strength.

I am dealing with you at the root of your pain, and the root is the stronghold of deception. If you believe lies, behavior flows from that lie. “…you’re only as valuable as you are beautiful, or you’re only as acceptable as you are polished and free of flaws to the gaze of people who only see your outside."

But that isn’t my way. I am in the process of remaking you into my image. I know you want it sometimes and don’t care other times. When you are faithless, I am still faithful. I know you want to love me and you’re becoming ever-aware of your tendency to wander away from me and seek phantom fillers for the hole inside. I made you for myself. I made you to love me and to love others.

Your purpose is fulfilled when you love. Not when you achieve or make money or do something others recognize you for. If you love me and love others you’re doing what I created you to do.

What I want to see in you is for you to love more quickly in practical ways. When you think about sending a card, do it right then. Or a phone call, or a visit. Don’t explain it away or make excuses or let the immediate inconvenience rob you of living out your purpose. If you’re living for some kind of renown on this planet, as the pinnacle of reaching your destiny, you’ll reach the end of your life having missed my plan. Sometimes the loving is done in public ways where masses are reached by a few; I don’t measure importance in linear terms as humans do. I know this is counter-intuitive, but I’m telling you now so you don’t spend the rest of your earthly life striving for the wind.

I don’t want you to hate the memories of times when you've been broken. It’s part of my plan of teaching you how to love more deeply; and so much of loving is in forgiving. I’m with you always, even when you don’t know which way is up and when you aren’t seeking me. I’m with you, but when you seek me with all your heart, you’ll find me and you’ll become even thirstier for me. And I will always satisfy that thirst with myself in you. There’s no limit to my glorious riches that I want to pour out on you for fullness and abundance in your life. Enabling you to live in freedom – not striving for the approval of people, but in resting quietly and joyfully in the truth of my already proclaimed and sealed acceptance and limitless love for you."

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you back at the blog. How I hate the broken times and the memories of them. You help remind me that I need to embrace and grow deeper through them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete